21 clubs in Louth to benefit from almost €1 million in Sports Capital Grants
A total of €21 clubs in Louth are set to be benefit from combined funding of €996,247 in Sports Capital Grants.
The biggest beneficiary in the county was Naomh Moninne Hurling Club, who will receive €98,347 towards their new playing pitch at Toberona.
They were followed by Glyde Rangers GFC in Tallanstown, who will receive €97,602 for training pitches and running tracks and Drogheda City FC, who have been allocated €92,386 for the installation of a 3G grass pitch.
Other big winners include Dundalk IT, who will receive €63,031 for floodlighting, St Brides GFC and Geraldines GFC, who will receive €61,839 and €58,859 respectively for the improvement and upgrade of existing facilities, the Redeemer Family Resource Centre in And Easmuinn, who will receive €53,937 for a multi-purpose 3G sports facility and Louth County Council, who have been granted €43,973 for the upgrade of disabled facilities at their leisure centres.
News of the funding has been welcomed by local Fine Gael Councillor John McGahon.
He said: “I am delighted to see this much needed funding going to places where it will really make a big difference, our sports clubs.
This funding will benefit 21 clubs in Louth. Active engagement in sports not only helps keep young people healthy, but also builds confidence, independence and promotes team building.
“I am particularly pleased that the Geraldines GFC and the Reedmer Centre in Coxes Demesne received substantial funding.”
The full list of beneficiaries is as follows:
- Ardee Golf Club €74,169 – Renew Machinery, Drainage and course development.
- Boyne RFC €25,159 – New Gym, Heating System and roof repair
- Drogheda City FC €92,386 – Install 3G Grass Pitch
- DKIT €63,031 – Floodlighting for sports field
- Dundalk RFC €2,074 – Sports Equipment
- Dundalk School Boys League €3,888 – Dressing Room refurb, pitch drainage and lighting
- Geraldines GFC €58,859 – Improvement and upgrading of existing facilities
- Glyde Rangers GFC €97,602 – Training Pitches and Running Tracks
- Inver Colpa Rowing Club €10,637 – upgrading of equipment and facilities
- John Mitchels GFC €68,545 – Construct indoor Sports Hal and Dressing Rooms
- Louth County Council €43,973 – Louth Leisure Centres Disabled Facilities Upgrade
- McBride Pitch and Putt €9,951 – Replacement of Clubhouse
- Mattock Rangers CLG €21,354 – Pitch Drainage and Ball Stop Nets
- Naomh Martin GFC €61,839 – General Facilities upgrade and 3g pitch development
- Naomh Moninne Hurling Club €98,347 – Hurling Pitch Development at Toberona Dundalk
- St Brides GFC €61,839 – Pairc An Chuinnigh
- St Fechins GFC €12,332 – Pitch Drainage
- St Kevins GFC €52,497 – Flood Lighting, security fencing, Mower, Goal Posts
- St Patrick’s Scout Troop Dundalk €13,948 – Kayaking and Canoeing Equipment
- Redeemer Family Resource Centre Dundalk €53,937 – Multi-purpose 3g sports facility
- Termonfeckin Tennis Club €70,780 – Tennis Club Phase 1