Blackrock man Barry hoping to help Man City and Guardiola to Premier League title this season
The new Premier League season gets underway tomorrow and without a ball being kicked there are already some intriguing discussions to be had about what will happen in the year ahead.
- How will Jose Mourinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba settle at Man Utd?
- Can Leicester City repeat their incredible achievement of last season?
- Will Jurgen Klopp thrive in his first full season in charge at Liverpool?
- What impact will Antonio Conte have at Chelsea?
- And will there be another surprise title contender like last year?
There’s also expected to be plenty of interest in Manchester City, who have Pep Guardiola in charge this season.
City are the 21/10 favourites with the bookmakers for the title and if they do go all the way this season then a local man could have a big say in getting them there.
That’s because Blackrock’s Barry Hamilton recently became a full-time employee at the Etihad where he is working as a sports scientist.
Part of Barry’s work, which he has been doing since last season, is to ensure the players are in tip top condition for each game.
The former Rock Celtic footballer and Geraldines and Louth U-21 GAA player previously worked with local firm StatSports and received plenty of media attention for his work with the Croatian team at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
He is pictured above with City star Fernandinho and who knows if Dundalk win their Champions League play-off against Legia Warsaw later this month and City do likewise against Steaua Bucuresti then he may even end up plotting against his home town club.