Cooley Oysters amongst beneficiaries of funding for FLAG projects
Thirteen FLAG projects throughout the North East are set to benefit from €246,461 in grant aid.
The funding has been awarded by Ireland’s seven Fisheries Local Action Groups (FLAGs).
Amongst the local beneficiaries include Cooley Oyster Limited, who will receive €35,147.50 for installing grading equipment.
The full list of beneficiaries are as follows:
- Lambay Estate Company Lambay Boat Replacement 92,000.00
- Redfish Events Seafood Rocks Festival 44,881.70
- Cooley Oyster Limited Installing grading equipment 35,147.50
- Clogherhead Development Group Upgrade of toilet facilities at Little Strand Beach in Clogherhead 10,623.60
- Clogherhead Development Group Clogherhead Seaside 10K 5,662.54
- Simon Gell t/a Simon’s New Packaging Equipment 9,600.00
- National Sandcastle & Sculptural Competition/Beach Cricket National sandcastle & sculptural completion/beach cricket 1,973.33
- Clean Coasts Donabate Portrane Logistics support for clean ups in Donabate and Portrane beaches 5,057.42
- The Irish Seal Sanctuary Company Limited by Guarantee Biodiversity Schools Educational Walks 4,000.00
- Boyne Valley Coastal Tours 2,775.00
- Upstate Theatre Project Waterways is developing a project focussed on working with coastal communities to develop responses to their lived cultural experiences 6,160.00
- Meath East Community Association Bettystown Village Enhancement Project 1,039.70
Mailboat Leinster Centenary Committee Commemoration events 27,531.20
The grants are co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Union under Ireland’s European Maritime & Fisheries Fund Operational Programme for the seafood sector.
Welcoming the news local TD Peter Fitzpatrick said: “The FLAGs initiative is proving a fantastic success and the grants awarded to the 247 local coastal projects across the country to date in 2018 will be a hugely important boost to these coastal communities.
“Successful projects across the country have included investments in micro seafood enterprises, marine tourism and marine leisure projects, heritage projects, small harbour facilities, and environmental and training projects.”
Details on the FLAG scheme and on how to apply can be found at www.bim.ie/schemes/