No new Covid-19 cases confirmed in Louth
There were no new cases of Covid-19 reported in Louth in the latest figures released last night.
That means that there remains 756 confirmed cases in the county as of midnight on Friday May 22nd.
There have now been a total 1,608 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of 11am Sunday 24 May the HPSC has been notified of 57 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 24,639 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
The latest data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Friday 22 May (24,569 cases), reveals:
- 57% are female and 43% are male
- the median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
- 3,222 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
- Of those hospitalised, 394 cases have been admitted to ICU
- 7,819 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 11,873 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,428 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,392 cases (6%)
- Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 59%, close contact accounts for 38%, travel abroad accounts for 3%