Record turn out for Louth Business Awards 2017
A record crowd turned out for the Louth Business Awards at the Carrickdale Hotel on Saturday night.
The black tie event, hosted by Dundalk Chamber of Commerce, saw over 600 guests attend as some of the area’s top businesses were honoured.
Before dancing to Sugartown Road, Deirdre Deacon was named Best Dressed Lady, sponsored by Mizu, while Nicholas Ganu won Best Dressed Gent, sponsored by Tony McDonnell Menswear.
Michael Gaynor President Dundalk Chamber said he was delighted with the attendance.
“There are not many occasions where you can get so many members of the business community under the one roof and these awards provide that. All these companies here tonight are winners in their own field and this is a great opportunity to recognise them,” said Michael.
The winners in the various categories for the Louth Business Awards 2017 were as follows:
- Best Customer Service Award in the retail sector sponsored by The Carrickdale Hotel was won by Smyth’s Life Pharmacy.
- Best Shop Front sponsored by The Argus was won by Sybil.
- Best Licensed Premises sponsored by Diageo was won by Fitzpatrick’s Bar & Restaurant.
- Best Dining Experience sponsored by Dundalk Stadium was won by Relish Café.
- Best Café/ Fast Food Outlet sponsored by AV Direct was won by The Greenmount Restaurant.
- Tourism Award sponsored by The Crowne Plaza Dundalk was won by Walking Holiday Ireland.
- Special Community Group Award sponsored by Dundalk Credit Union was won by Parkrun Dundalk.
- Best New Business under 5 years sponsored by Oriel Hub was won by Simply Fit Food.
- Best Emerging Business sponsored by Local Enterprise Office Louth was won by Va Va Voom.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award sponsored by Prometric was won by ie
- Business Growth Awards sponsored by Vhi Healthcare was won by Intact Software.
- Professional Services Award sponsored by M1 Document Solutions was won by Sherry Fitzgerald Carroll.
- Innovation & Technology Award sponsored by Net1.ie was won by Suretank.
- Best Training Initiative sponsored by Louth Meath Education & Training Board was won by Aura Dundalk Leisure/DKIT Sport.
- Best Exporter of the year sponsored by Enterprise Ireland was won by Bellurgan Precision Engineering.
- Business to Business Award sponsored by AIB Bank was won by Gecko Governance.
- Employee of the year sponsored by Servisource Recruitment was won by Caoimhe Nugent of Loughran Family Malt.
- Environmental Awareness Award sponsored by Recruitment Plus was won by The Authentic Food Company.
The highlight of the night was The Lifetime Award sponsored by PayPal. This was won by Michael McArdle of McArdle Skeath.
Pictured above main: Caroline Lee Colourtrend, Michael Gaynor Dundalk Chamber, Patricia Kelly LMETB, winners Kelly Connor DKIT Sport and Shane Smith Aura Dundalk Leisure, Irene Dunne Clarks Shop and Bronagh McCoy, Inglot Cosmetics